5. PREPARING FISH FOR CONSUMPTION. (MSVX.02.13d) Fish may contain many parasites, which if prepared improperly can infect the human body.
a. Cleaning fish.
(1) With a pocket knife, scrape the scales off the fish, going back and forth from tail to head.
(2) With your knife, cut the fish open starting at the anus and work towards the gills.
(3) With your finger or thumb, push all the guts out and wash thoroughly. Look throughout the intestines to find out what the fish has been eating. It may aid you in procuring more fish.
b. Cooking fish. To ensure that all parasites have been destroyed, fish should be boiled in a canteen cup or similar container.
1. Larry Dean Olson, Outdoor Survival Guide, 5th Editon, 1990.
2. Chris Janowski, A manual that could save your life, 1989.
3. AF 64-4, Search and Rescue Survival Training, 1985.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span