Q. What are the four planning framework considerations that must be considered when planning a cliff assault?
A (1) Surprise is Paramount and silence must be kept to attain it.
(2) Speed is essential and all ropes must be utilized.
(3) The cliff head must be well organized.
(4) Initially, the raiding party is very vulnerable.
Q. What are four tactical considerations if the cliff assault is to be amphibious?
A. (1) Advance force reconnaissance operations should be employed.
(2) Hydrographic surveys, confirmatory beach reports, should be conducted.
(3) All landing vehicles/crafts must be spread loaded.
(4) Debarkation must be done quickly.
Q. What are the four different techniques that may be utilized to move personnel/equipment conducting a cliff assault up the cliff face?
A. (1) Two party climb for assault climbers, all other personnel top rope.
(2) Two party climb for assault climbers, all other personnel go up fixed rope installations.
(3) Two party climb for assault climbers, all other personnel/equipment utilize vertical hauling line and/or suspension traverse.
(4) Two party climb for assault climbers, all other personnel utilize rope ladders.
SUMMARY (2 Min)
3 During this period of instruction, we have covered the tactical considerations, basics of planning and the organization of a cliff assault; also, how to conduct a cliff assault, which included the five phases of an assault.
b Those of you with IRF's please fill them out at this time and turn them in to the instructor. We will now take a short break.
Was this article helpful?